A PowerPoint hyperlink can also run any program from within a presentation. For example, you could create a presentation that explains how to market a new computer program, and then create a hyperlink to that same program so you can demonstrate how that program actually works. When you exit that program, you'll return back to your PowerPoint presentation again.
Make sure your computer has enough memory to run both PowerPoint and any program you want to run.
To create a hyperlink that runs a program, follow these steps:
1. Highlight the text in a text box that you want to turn into a program hyperlink.
2. Click the Insert tab.
3. Click the Action icon in the Links group.
The Action Settings dialog box appears (refer to Figure 12-6).
4. Select the Run Program radio button.
5. Click Browse.
The Select a Program to Run dialog box appears.
6. Click in the Look In list box to choose the drive that contains the program you want to run.
7. Click in the folder and then click Open to find the program you want to run.
You may have to repeat this step multiple times.
8. Click the program you want to run and then click OK.
The Action Settings dialog box appears again.
9. Click OK.