When the Report Wizard creates a report, it doesn't always leave enough room to display your actual data. If a field is too small, Access may display data as a series of x's, such as xxxxx.
If this occurs, resize a field to make it wider. (If your data turns out to be smaller than the field, you may need to shrink the field.) To resize a field, follow these steps:
1. Display your report in Design view by following Steps 1-4 in the preceding section, "Editing a Report."
2. Click the field you want to resize.
Access highlights your chosen field and its identifying label, as shown in Figure 18-15.
3. Move the mouse pointer over the left or right edge of the field until the mouse pointer turns into a two-way pointing arrow.
4. Drag the mouse to resize and expand or shrink the field.
To resize a field, click on that field and then drag the side of the
5. Click the downward-pointing arrow under the View icon in the Views group.
A pull-down menu appears.
6. Click Report View.
Access displays your report with your modified field size.