After you have a chance to view your presentation, you may want to rearrange or hide slides. To help you organize your presentation, switch to Slide Sorter view, which numbers each slide to show you the order that they appear, as shown in Figure 12-11.
Slide Sorter view lets you rearrange the order of your slides.
To use Slide Sorter view, follow these steps:
1. Click the View tab.
2. Click the Slide Sorter view icon in the Presentation Views group.
3. (Optional) To delete a slide, click a slide and press Delete.
4. (Optional) To hide a slide, click a slide, click the Slide Show command tab, and click Hide Slide.
5. (Optional) To move a slide
A. Move the mouse pointer over a slide.
B. Hold down the left mouse button and move (drag) the mouse. PowerPoint displays a vertical line where it will place your slide.
C. Release the left mouse button.
6. Click the Normal icon in the Presentation Views group to switch out of Slide Sorter view.
To help you practice giving a presentation, PowerPoint can time how long you've spent on each slide. Such timing can give you a rough idea of how long you want to keep each slide visible for an audience to see.
No matter how hard you may practice, the timing of your presentation by yourself will almost never be exactly the timings of your actual presentation because people may ask questions, equipment may fail, distractions may occur when the waiter drops a plate, and so on.
To time a presentation, follow these steps:
1. Click the Slide Show tab.
2. Click the Rehearse Timings icon in the Set Up group.
PowerPoint displays the first slide of your presentation along with the Timing toolbar that shows you how long your current slide has been visible, as shown in Figure 12-12.
3. Click the mouse or press the spacebar to view each slide in your presentation.
Each time a new slide appears, the Timing toolbar records how long each slide remains visible.
4. Click Esc when you reach the end of your presentation.
A dialog box appears, asking whether you want to keep the timings for each slide.
5. Click Yes or No.
If you click Yes in Step 5, PowerPoint displays Slide Sorter view and lists the timings for each slide, as shown in Figure 12-13.
6. Click the Normal icon in the Start Slide Show group to switch out of Slide Sorter view.
The Timing toolbar lets you rehearse your presentation and shows how much time you need to present each slide.
Timings can give you an estimate of how much time you need to spend on each slide and how long your entire presentation should take.