You can always edit a signature file at any time to add or delete text. To edit a signature file, follow these steps:
1. Choose ToolsOOptions.
The Options dialog box appears.
2. Click the Mail Format tab.
3. Click the Signatures button.
The Signatures and Stationery dialog box appears (refer to Figure 13-13).
4. Click a signature filename.
Outlook displays the contents of that signature file in the text box below.
5. (Optional) Click the Delete button.
When a dialog box appears to warn you that you are about to delete the signature file, click Yes (or No).
6. Click in the text box and edit your text.
7. Click the Save button to save your changes.
8. Click OK.
Reading and Organizing E-Mail
When Outlook retrieves e-mail, it organizes messages according to time. Messages received today appear under the Today heading, messages received last week appear under the Last Week heading, and messages received last month appear under the Last Month heading.
Outlook gives you two ways to read an e-mail message:
In the Preview pane In a separate window
The Preview pane can be handy for browsing the content of different messages to see if you really want to read them or not. Because the Preview pane shows only part of the message, some text may appear cut off.
Viewing a message in a separate window is more useful when you want to read the entire message. Figure 13-15 shows what the same message looks like in the Preview pane (top) and in a separate window (bottom).
To view an e-mail message, follow these steps:
1. Choose GoOMail. (You can also press Ctrl+1 or click the Mail button in
The lower-left corner of the Outlook window.)
Outlook displays the Mail pane.
2. Click a message in the Inbox pane.
Outlook shows your chosen message in the Preview pane.
3. (Optional) Double-click the message in the Inbox pane. Outlook displays your message in a separate window.
4. Click the Close box to make the message window disappear.