After you set up an e-mail account, you can start sending e-mail. The three ways to create and send e-mail are
Create a message and type the recipient's e-mail address manually.
Reply to a previously received message. Outlook then adds the recipient's e-mail address automatically.
Create a message and use a previously stored e-mail address. Outlook adds the e-mail address automatically.
Creating a new e-mail message
The most straightforward way to send a message is to type the recipient's e-mail address and then type your message. To create a new e-mail message and type the e-mail address, follow these steps:
1. Choose Go Mail. (You can also press Ctrl+1 or click the Mail button in the lower-left corner of the Outlook window.)
Outlook displays the Mail pane.
2. Choose one of the following:
Click the New button (don't click the downward-pointing arrow next to the New button).
Choose ActionsONew Mail Message.
The message window appears, as shown in Figure 13-7. Notice that the message window displays a Ribbon with Message, Insert, Options, and Format Text tabs.
The message window lets you type and format a message.
3. Click in the To text box and type the e-mail address of the person you
Want to receive your message.
Make sure you type the e-mail address correctly. One incorrect character, and your message won't go to your intended recipient.
4. (Optional) Click in the Cc text box and type another e-mail address to send the message to more than one person.
5. Click in the Subject text box and type a brief description of your
Many people use spam filters that examine the Subject line of a message, so it's a good idea to not type your subject text in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS or use multiple exclamation points!!! Otherwise, your recipient's spam filter may inadvertently flag your message as spam and delete it before anyone can even read it.
6. Click in the message text box and type your message.
If you click the Save icon on the Quick Access toolbar, you can store the message in your Drafts folder so you can edit and send it at a later time.
7. Click the Send icon to send your message.