A picture, such as clip art or a photograph captured with a digital camera, can appear in your background. After you use a picture for the background, you can also adjust its transparency so that you can read any title or subtitle text that appears on each slide.
To add a picture background to slides, follow these steps:
1. Click the Design tab.
2. Click the Background Styles icon in the Background group.
A pull-down menu appears (refer to Figure 11-4).
3. Click Format Background near the bottom of the menu.
The Format Background dialog box appears (refer to Figure 11-5).
4. Select the Picture or Texture Fill radio button.
The Format Background dialog box displays options for adding a picture to your background, as shown in Figure 11-8.
5. Click one of the following buttons:
File: Retrieves a graphic image stored on your computer, such as a digital photo. When the Insert Picture dialog box appears, click the picture you want to use and then click Open.
Clipboard: Pastes a previously cut or copied graphic image from another program, such as Photoshop.
ClipArt: Displays a library of clip art images you can choose. When the Select Picture dialog box appears, click the clip art image you want to use and then click OK.
6. Drag the Transparency slider to the left or right until you're happy with the way the picture appears.
The Picture options let you define how your picture appears as a slide background.
7. (Optional) Click Apply to All if you want to apply your picture to every slide in your presentation.
If you don't click the Apply to All button, PowerPoint displays only the background of the currently selected slide.
8. Click Close.