Another way to change the appearance of a chart is to change its data source (the cells that contain the actual data that the chart uses). To change a chart's data source, follow these steps:
1. Click the chart you want to change.
The Chart Tools tab appears.
2. Click the Design contextual tools tab under the Chart Tools tab.
3. Click the Select Data icon in the Data group.
The Select Data Source dialog box appears, as shown in Figure 9-7.
Choose new data to create a chart.
4. (Optional) Click the Shrink Dialog Box icon to shrink the Change Data Source dialog box so you can see more of your spreadsheet.
5. Select all the cells that contain data to create a chart, including any cells that contain labels, numbers, and formulas.
6. Click OK.
Excel displays your chart using the data you specify in Step 5.