PowerPoint includes a library of sound files (such as cheering or applause) that you can add to a presentation. To add a PowerPoint audio file to a slide, follow these steps:
1. Click the slide (in either Slide or Outline view) to which you want to add an audio file.
2. Click the Insert tab.
3. Click the downward-pointing arrow underneath the Sound icon in the Media Clips group.
A pull-down menu appears (refer to Figure 11-15).
4. Choose Sound from Clip Organizer.
The Clip Art dialog box appears.
You can preview each sound by clicking the downward-pointing arrow on each sound icon in the Clip Organizer. When a pull-down menu appears, click Preview/Properties.
5. Click the audio file you want to add.
PowerPoint adds your audio file to the currently displayed slide (represented as a horn icon) and displays a dialog box, asking whether you want the sound to play automatically or when you click the mouse.
6. Click Automatically or When Clicked.
PowerPoint displays your audio file as a sound icon on your slide. You may want to move the sound icon on your slide so it doesn't obscure part of your slide.
You won't hear your sound file play until you view your slide show by pressing F5.