You might have an audio CD that contains a sound that you want to play during your presentation. To play an audio CD track during a presentation, follow these steps:
1. Click the slide (in either Slide or Outline view) to which you want to add an audio file.
2. Insert an audio CD in your computer's drive.
3. Click the Insert tab.
4. Click the downward-pointing arrow underneath the Sound icon in the Media Clips group.
A pull-down menu appears (refer to Figure 11-15).
5. Choose Play CD Audio Track.
The Insert CD Audio dialog box appears, as shown in Figure 11-16.
The Insert CD Audio dialog box lets you choose which CD track to play.
6. Click in the Start at Track and End at Track text boxes to choose one or more tracks to play.
7. Click in the Seconds text boxes to define the time to start playing the audio track and the time to end it.
8. Click OK.
PowerPoint adds your audio track to the currently displayed slide (represented as a horn icon) and displays a dialog box, asking whether you want the sound to play automatically or when you click the mouse.
9. Click Automatically or When Clicked.
PowerPoint displays your audio file as a sound icon on your slide. You may want to move the sound icon on your slide so it doesn't obscure part of your slide.
You won't hear your sound file play until you view your slide show by pressing F5. If you copy your presentation to play on another computer, you must bring along the audio CD, too.
Be careful of copyright infringement when using audio CDs. Depending on your location and audience, using copyrighted material may not be acceptable.