Pick a song from your Music library and set it as your ringtone or as ringtone for a favorite contact.
1. From the Home screen, tap
2. Find the song that you want to set as a ringtone.
4. Tap Phone ringtone or Contact ringtone. If you select Contact ringtone, choose the contacts you want to associate the ringtone with.
Trimming an MP3 ringtone
Use the Music app's ringtone trimmer if you want to set only a part of the song as ringtone.
1. When you find the song that you want, tap
2. Drag the trim sliders
For a more precise trimming, tap the left or right arrow buttons. Time markers indicate where you are on the song.
3. When you're done trimming, tap Set as.
4. Choose whether to set your trimmed song as your Phone ringtone or Contact ringtone.
You can see your new ringtone in the phone settings. Slide open the Notifications panel, and then tap Settings > Sound > Phone ringtone.