Making a call with Smart dial
You can either dial a number directly, or use Smart dial to quickly place a call. Smart dial searches and calls a stored/synced contact or a number from your call history.
1. On the Home screen, tap ^>
2. Enter the phone number or first few letters of the contact's name.
3. From the list, tap a contact to call.
To check other phone numbers associated with the contact, tap Beside the contact name.
4. To hang up, tap End Call.
What is Smart dial?
The phone dialer's Smart dial feature makes it quick and easy for you to place a call.
Simply enter the phone number or first few letters of the person's name you want to call. Smart dial automatically searches and filters your stored contacts and the phone numbers from the call history.
Using Speed dial
Use Speed dial to call a phone number with a single tap. For example, if you assign a contact's number to the number 2 key, you can just press and hold 2 to dial the number.
The number 1 key is generally reserved for your voicemail. Press and hold this key to call voicemail and retrieve your voicemail messages.
Assigning a speed dial key
1. On the Home screen, tap ^
2. Tap> Speed dial
3. Tap, and then select a contact from the list,
4. On the Speed dial screen, choose the phone number of the contact to use, and a speed dial key to assign.
5. Tap Save.