iBooks is a great way to read and buy books. Download the free iBooks app from the App Store,
and then enjoy everything from classics to bestsellers.
iBooks is a great way to enjoy books and PDFs. Download the free iBooks app from the
App Store, and then get everything from classics to bestsellers from the built-in iBookstore.
To download the iBooks app and use the iBookstore, you need an Internet connection and
an Apple ID.
Visit the iBookstore: In iBooks, tap Store to:
• Find books by browsing or searching
• Get a sample of a book to see if you like it
• Read and write reviews, and see current bestsellers
• Tell a friend about a book via email
Purchase a book: Find one you want, tap the price, then tap again to get it.
Get information about a book: You can read a summary of the book, read reviews, and try a
sample of the book before buying it. After buying a book, you can write a review of your own.
Download a previous purchase: Tap Purchased. To download while browsing, tap Download
where you usually see the price. You won’t be charged again. To automatically download items
purchased on other devices, go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores.
Reading a book is easy. Go to the bookshelf and tap the book you want to read. Each book has
a particular set of features, based on its contents and format. Some of the features described
below might not be available in the book you’re reading.
Open a book: Tap the book you want to read. If you don’t see it on the shelf, swipe left or right
to see other collections.
• Show the controls: Tap near the center of the page.
• Enlarge an image: Double-tap the image. In some books, touch and hold to display a
magnifying glass you can use to view an image.
Go to a speciic page: Use the page navigation controls at the bottom of the screen. Or, tap
Look up a word: Double-tap a word, use the grab points to adjust the selection, then tap
Deine in the menu that appears. Deinitions are not available for all languages.
View the table of contents: Tap
Add or remove a bookmark: Tap
a bookmark when you close the book, because iBooks remembers where you left of. You can
have multiple bookmarks—to see them all, tap
Annotate a book: You can add notes and highlights to a book.
• Add a highlight: Double-tap a word, use the grab points to adjust the selection, then tap
Highlight and choose a color or underline.
Remove a highlight: Tap the highlighted text, then tap
Add a note: Double-tap a word, tap Highlight, then choose
• Remove a note: Delete its text. To remove the note and its highlight, tap the highlighted text,
See all your notes: Tap
Change a book’s appearance: Some books let you change the type size, font, and page color.
• Change the font or type size: Tap near the center of a page to display the controls, then tap
Tap Fonts to select a typeface. Some books allow you to change the type size only when
iPhone is in portrait orientation.
• Change the color of the page and text: Tap near the center of the page to display the controls,
• Change the brightness: Tap near the center of a page to display the controls, then tap
Turn justiication and hyphenation on or of: Go to Settings > iBooks. PDFs and some books
can’t be justiied or hyphenated.