You accomplish both work and play on a computer by using
computer files. For example, those files might hold the software
applications you work with, the documents you create in a
word processor or spreadsheet, a game, or your favorite song or
Windows 8 organizes your files into folders and libraries.
There are several pre-defined libraries such as Pictures and
Documents, but you can add others. Within these libraries are
folders containing individual files.
You use the File Explorer app to perform the following tasks:
• Find files you’ve saved on your computer or on an external
storage device such as a USB stick.
• Create new folders and move or copy files among them.
• Delete files you no longer need.
• Back up files in a file history or on an external storage
device so that you have an extra copy for safekeeping.
• Create compressed versions of files that are smaller and
easier to store and send to others.